Thursday, August 26, 2010

NadaDada Motel, Reno, Nevada

Patty Atcheson Melton [along with other artists showed their works at the El Cortez Hotel and Town House Motor Lodge in Reno Nevada, June 18-21, 2009] is showing her sketches of Reno motels dating from the late 1960's back... take a ride down old Highway 40 and check out these old gems that are slowly being taken over by the Mariotts, Motel 6's, Quality Inns and Holiday Inns.
Comment by Patty Atcheson Melton on May 25, 2009 at 11:35am
My room will be in room 221 of the El Cortez Hotel.. I will keep it pretty much the way it is... as a starving artist would live if I had too. I will be giving away prints of motels for you to color.. You can join me while I tell you about my years growing up in motels and I will interview people who have motel stories to tell for a video I will be doing on the motels... So join me.


I discovered this artist at NadaDada Ding Dong. I'm not sure what they are, maybe a social network site? What ever it is, it is interesting.