Thursday, November 4, 2010

FreePik--find free photos and vector images FAST!


Freepik is the first metasearch engine for free photos and vectors.

Freepik´s aim is to gather all free, high quality graphics on the Internet and make accessing them quick and easy so you don´t have to waste your time searching manually through hundreds of websites. Freepik´s objective is to become a key resource for free images and vectors.

I gave it a try and searched for a parrot. I got 100 photos and 2 vector images. When you choose an image it tells you the dimensions. It also lets you know if there are any restrictions...I had to be sure to credit the person who originally published the photo. Here is my parrot , originally published by someone who calls himself DudeSick. I had to create an account with the site that hosts all the images as well.