Thursday, September 22, 2011

Using Camtasia to Create PowerPoint Videos

I have posted previously on how to make videos from PowerPoint presentations using the native tools in PowerPoint 2010. Today I did a workshop on the subject, and included an alternative method using Camtasia Studio, from TechSmith.com. The Camtasia video went over pretty well, because I took the presentation we created as a group in the workshop, and added a couple of webcam videos and a third-party public domain video to it. I also used picture-in-picture, pan and zoom effects, and overlays, especially the spotlight overlay. I think most attending thought the Camtasia demo had more impact than the straight PowerPoint presentation. Here it is, so you can see what I’m talking about...
Terry Gray, Acedemic Technology @ Palomar College
Watch his demonstration