Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Using the iPad with a Projector

http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/atrc/2012/08/24/using-the-ipad-with-a-projector/

Using the iPad with a Projector

Using the iPad with a Projector A surprising number of faculty members at our institution own iPads.  I know, because I recently had the opportunity to present a short iPad Ed workshop which was well attended, and I asked.  As I say, a surprising number of hands went up.  Part of the workshop was what I intended to be a brief discussion of using Apple TV to wirelessly project in the classroom, but the discussion was not so brief because there was a great deal of interest in the iPad and projection technology.  Thus, this post, on the various ways to use the iPad with a classroom projector, both wired and wirelessly.
In the discussion below, I will be referring to the iPad 2 and new iPad (commonly called iPad 3 or third generation iPad).  The products and technologies discussed will generally not work, or not work completely, with the original iPad.  There are also some rare apps (that I have read about, but not actually seen) that simply will not output video, and these will also not work with the solutions outlined below, though I have tested many apps and could not find one that would not output video.  I did my testing with the Hitachi CP-X3015WN projector, except in a couple cases where I tested on one of our older EIKI projectors.   read more about it