Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Top 10 Art Documentaries to Watch on Netflix Instant

The Top 10 Art Documentaries to Watch on Netflix Instant
I like to think of the mythical Netflix Marathon as the process of accumulating inspiration, but it could be more realistically dubbed procrastination. Either way, it has become a talent I’ve honed to perfection, one that I desperately need to figure out a way to work into my résumé.
One of my personal favorite genres on which to cinematographically gorge myself is the art documentary. Here’s a list of 10 documentaries on art and visual culture available to stream on Netflix (in no particular order) that will fill you with creative inspiration — or, perhaps more accurately, help you delay the project with an impending deadline just a little bit longer.

1. Style Wars (1983)
2. Exit Through the Gift Shop (2010)
3. Beautiful Losers (2008)
4. Bill Cunningham’s New York (2010)
 5. Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child (2010)
6. Our City Dreams (2008) 
7. Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry (2012)
8. Indie Game: The Movie (2011) 
9. The Woodmans (2010)
10. Waste Land (2010)